Find us on Facebook
Berita EPL Terkini
- Arsenal vs Liverpool – 25 Ogos
- Pedro cemerlang dalam penampilan sulung bersama Chelsea
- Man City catat tiga kemenangan berturut-turut tanpa bolos
- Chelsea raih kemenangan sulung, tewaskan West Brom 3-2
- Bournemouth benam West Ham 4-3
- Newcastle kecewakan Man United di Old Trafford
- Saingan EPL 2015-2016 buka tirai
- Jadual undian Play-off Liga Juara Eropah 2015-2016
- Nombor jersi pemain Manchester United 2015-2016
- Jualan jersi Manchester United keluaran Adidas pecah rekod
Berita Kelab EPL
|Birthday||January 8, 1991|
Montenegro defender Savic was touted as one of the best young prospects in Europe when he signed for Manchester City in July 2011 for a fee of around £6 million.
Savic began his career at BSK Borca and made an immediate impression on the first-team squad. Keen to get himself a move to the Premier League, he had a trial with Arsenal, but ended up signing for FK Partizan, making 19 appearances, scoring one goal in the Serbian Super Liga and helping them to the league title and Serbian Cup.
A Montenegro youth international from Under-17 level, he picked up his first senior cap against Northern Ireland on August 11, 2010 and has since become a permanent fixture in the side.
Attracting attention from Manchester City ahead of the 2010-11 season, he did not have to wait long to get his move to England and joined the big-spending side as a backup.
Strengths: A versatile defender who can fill in at right-back when required, he is fast and strong and also reads the game well.
Weaknesses: Inconsistency and concentration levels are usual complaints for one so young and he will have to learn his trade fast in England.
Career high: A starring role for his country at right-back against England in October 2010 saw him gain attention from Europe’s elite.
Career low: Being dumped by Arsenal after a ten-day trial in 2010.
Style: Strong, agile, versatile, an impressive young prospect.
Quotes: ”I never imagined that I’d be team-mates with all those City players within a year. I can’t wait to play alongside them and all the other fantastic players we have here.” Savic on his arrival at Man City in July 2011.
Trivia: Savic played for Partizan against Arsenal at Emirates Stadium in the Champions League in December. A 3-1 defeat.