Find us on Facebook
Berita EPL Terkini
- Arsenal vs Liverpool – 25 Ogos
- Pedro cemerlang dalam penampilan sulung bersama Chelsea
- Man City catat tiga kemenangan berturut-turut tanpa bolos
- Chelsea raih kemenangan sulung, tewaskan West Brom 3-2
- Bournemouth benam West Ham 4-3
- Newcastle kecewakan Man United di Old Trafford
- Saingan EPL 2015-2016 buka tirai
- Jadual undian Play-off Liga Juara Eropah 2015-2016
- Nombor jersi pemain Manchester United 2015-2016
- Jualan jersi Manchester United keluaran Adidas pecah rekod
Berita Kelab EPL
|Birthday||January 23, 1986|
Liverpool swooped to sign Jose Enrique in July 2011 after he refused to pen a new contract at Newcastle.
The left-back began his career with Levante before earning a move to Valencia in 2005 – when he was promptly loaned to Celta Vigo for the 2005-06 campaign. However, Enrique left Valenica in the summer of 2006 bound for Villarreal before being snapped up by Newcastle after just one impressive season.
The Magpies signed him for a fee believed to be in the region of £6.3 million – Manchester City and Liverpool were also rumoured to be interested – and his first season in English football saw him in and out of the team as he took a while to bed into a different brand of football.
However it did not take him much longer to establish himself as one of the best full-backs in the top fight and, after experiencing ups and downs with Newcastle, he opted to join Liverpool for a chance at winning silverware.
Strengths: Excellent recovery pace and strength means he is a good person to have tracking back. Cool in possession as well.
Weaknesses: His positioning can see him caught out and he needs to improve his consistency.
Career high: Being named in the Championship team of the year, he helped Newcastle bounce back from relegation immediately.
Career low: Relegation with Newcastle in 2009-10.
Style: Strong, commanding, fast, a tough defender.
Quotes: “My move is purely dependent on the sporting opportunity, not money. I want to fight for titles and I think it more possible to do that with Liverpool than Newcastle.” Jose Enrique on his move to Liverpool.
Trivia: He has the nickname ‘The Bull’ due to his robust defensive style.